What you can expect:
When you hire Dixie’s Farrier Service, you are not just paying someone to trim or tack on shoes; you are entrusting us to care for both you and your horse. Our goal is to provide you with quality hoof care so that your horse will perform at its finest, whether in trail riding, fox hunting, cutting, or eventing. To achieve this, you may expect several standards when you hire us:
- Care. We not only care about your horse, but we also care about you. We are constantly praying for our clients and would love to know if there is anything outside of hoof care that we may help you with, whether it is simply lending an ear and praying with/for you or helping with any practical need you may have.
- Respect. You and your horse will be treated with the utmost respect through every interaction.
- Patience. We will work patiently with your horse during any behavior issues that may arise.
- Quality. While we do try to work as efficiently as possible, we refuse to sacrifice quality by hurrying or taking shortcuts.
- Punctuality. You may count on us to be on time. We purposefully schedule each day to have extra time available for each client so that we are not rushed and have time to hopefully arrive early to each appointment.
- Communication. You may contact us through a call, text, email, or a message through social media at your convenience. Whether it is to set up your next appointment, report a lost shoe, or ask a question, we will respond as soon as we are able.
- Collaboration. We are happy to work with your vet to ensure the best hoof care possible.
- Referrals. If your horse needs specialized care that we are not able to provide, we are more than happy to refer you to someone who is able.
What I need from you:
In order to best serve you and your horse with our finest effort, there are a few things we need from you:
- Keep your scheduled appointment. We try to schedule for the next appointment as soon as we finish working on your horse, so that you may have a day and time that work best for you. Be aware it may be hard to get on the schedule with short notice.
- If you do need to cancel or change appointment times, we understand; things come up for all of us. We do ask that, if possible, you contact us at least 24 hours in advance.
- A solid place to pull in and park a two-wheel drive truck and trailer is required.
- A safe, clean, flat, hard, non-slip area to work in with cross ties, good lighting and, if shoeing, water and a power source is necessary. The nicer the area, the easier it is to produce high quality work. (Bonus points for coffee, cookies, sweet tea, good music, or a fan.)
- Please be available to hold your horse during the appointment.
- Horses need to be able to stand for a farrier and, if shoeing, be accustomed to hot-fitting.
- Share your schedule. If you have shows, clinics, big trail rides, etc. coming up, we ask that you let us know in advance so that we may better serve you and your horse for your event, and we will be sure to take it into consideration when setting future appointments.
- Payment at the time of service. We accept cash, checks, credit cards, and PayPal.
- Please call if you have any questions or problems (such as a lost shoe).